Serves: 4 Sandwiches
These golden mushrooms are packed with flavors that are salty, umami, and aromatic. They’re quick to cook and can easily be scaled up or down to serve as many people as you need.
- Evenly chop your Cremini Mushrooms into thin slices.
- Finely mince your garlic until its consistency is almost like a paste.
- Take half of a lemon and squeeze the juice into a large mixing bowl.
- Set aside about 1/8 cup or 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil. Then, add your remaining olive oil, garlic, sherry vinegar, and parmesan cheese to the bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Then, mix until evenly combined.
- Place your mushrooms in the bowl and cover them with plastic wrap. Let marinate for as long as you’d like, at least for 30 minutes.
- Set your stovetop to medium-high heat, and melt the butter in a large pan.
- Remove your mushrooms from the marinade and cook them down- in batches if needed- until they reach a golden color or your desired doneness.
- In a separate pan, pour your remaining olive oil and sauté the spinach at medium heat for 1 – 2 minutes or until your leaves are par-cooked.
- Let your ingredients slightly cool. During this, toast your Cristal Sandwich Rolls for 2-3 minutes either in a pan or in a toaster oven.
- Assemble your sandwich, and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Optionally, top with more parmesan cheese, if desired.