History of bakery
is being re-written. Here. Now.
Europastry is a leader in the frozen bakery dough sector. For over 30 years, we have been offering the best bakery products, using the tradition of master artisans as our guide and innovation to develop the best products as our strategy. Today, we offer our products and expertise in the bakery world in more than 80 countries worldwide through our 22 plants and 33 sales offices.
After more than 30 years in the business, we are still excited with our latest idea or craziest project. Our dreams are our driving force
Production plants in America and Europe
Turnover 2021. Net Value
Countries where our products are present
Sale offices in USA, Asia and Europe
Investment in 2021 in R&D and technology
We are bakers
Our origins are rooted in traditional bakery. But we are also non-conformists. With an eye on the past and another on the future, we are reinventing the culture of baking.Innovation is our passion
Our history goes back to 1987, when Pere Gallés, a visionary baker, embraced refrigeration technology to satisfy the needs of consumers and professionals in the bakery and catering sectors.
The beginning of our adventure
In 1988, the Fripan bakery joined Europastry. Together we began the adventure of supplying our most special clients for the first time: bakeries.
United by our passion for bakery
We took the first steps in our international career thanks to the Barcelona Olympic Games. Our bread was part of the menu enjoyed by the Dream Team, with such stars as Magic Johnson.
An Olympic leap
Our expansion in Spain becomes a reality with the construction of our plant in Azuqueca de Henares, in Guadalajara.
Time to start growing
In 1999 we launched Fripanuts, better known today as Dots. This popular product range opened doors to many international markets.
Products that open doors
For the first time in Europe, we launched a range of pre-fermented pastries, ready to defrost and bake. This was a revolution in the industry, because it allowed our clients to offer freshly baked products at any time.
In 2002 we furthered our expansion in Spain with the acquisition of the frozen dough manufacturer Frida. We’re stronger together.
Expanding our business strength
Welcome Gran Reserva! Our range of premium bread made from local Responsible Wheat flour. For the first time, we ensure full traceability of each ear of wheat, from the field to your table.
Premium quality from the field to the table
We moved forward in our international expansion in the United States alongside Wenner Bakery. Wenner specialises in baking their legendary Knots, in the borough of Queens, New York.
Crossing the pond!
We are growing in Central Europe with our new plant in Oldenzaal, the Netherlands, built under strict sustainability criteria. This is where we make Dots and pastries for the entire world.
Dots made in Netherlands
In 2020, we made a firm commitment to lead the transformation of the baking industry in the fight against climate change, using sustainable wheat and 100% renewable energy.
Sustainability is our path to growth
We aim to create a new culture of bakery products based on tradition and enhanced by innovation to make people’s lives easier and happier.
- Our evolution has always been focused with daring to dream about new ways of making things happen in the traditional bakery industry. Change is in our DNA. Innovation is at our core. Our attitude is audacious and brave. Challenges are our daily bread
- We believe that our approach must impact in positive ways. We’re committed to the people on our team, creating the best work environment possible. We’re committed to society, making excellent bakery products. We’re committed to our planet, leading a sustainable business and reducing the impact of our activity on nature.
- We started as a family business and are aware of the importance of our heritage. Respecting and honoring the tradition and craft of baking is, along with our curious spirit and never-ending search for innovation, the foundation of all our work.
- We are certain that the key to success is understanding and cooperation, collaborating shoulder to shoulder with our clients and external partners. Together, we are stronger.
- Society is in a continuous state of change which means people’s needs shift constantly. We are focused on anticipating those bakery trends that will turn into new needs. We are aware that changing times need flexible mindsets.
Our brands and product families mark our bakery character. Each serves customers in different ways, but all are focused on delivering the best quality.
EUROPASTRY IN THE WORLD
We are multi-local. Our growth has a global reach with a focus on local bonds with communities. Some extra text will complete the information.
- Countries: +80
- Production Plants: 22
- Subsidiaries: 28
- Distributors: +600
- Production Plant